Window Removal Raises Asbestos Concerns

North Brookfield – According to school officials, windows’ replacement at the elementary will start on Friday, even though there are concerns of asbestos removal in the window caulk during school time. John Provost, the School Superintendent, said every window in the building will be replaced as part of the $500,000 project. According to Provost, present windows will be replaced with new with energy-efficient windows with standard latex caulk. Allison White, an elementary student’s parent, said she has been concerned since she received a notice last week. She is not happy with the unwillingness of town officials to postpone the project until summer break. “For officials, it’s all about money. It is really unbelievable that they are keen to put money ahead of our children’s s afety, even though the risk is minimal,” Mrs. White said.

This entry was posted in Mesothelioma News. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *